Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moon Mind 180 - Questions about control points/server software
I liked MiND as a device (hardware) but didn't like the software at all.

I have to emphasize that I do not have facts, but only educated guesses on the state of the MiND control software. I have a hunch that it is not made in house but bought form a subcontractor. What has lead me to beleive this is the following... First of all, the software is not very good but it is not being actively developed either. Since 2012 there has been only 3 updates to the original software (compared to, say Auralic with 8 updates in less than a year). And the lack of updates is not due to the software being ready and awesome.

Also the MiND control software broke when the iOS was upgraded. Had there been active development, the dev team would have known this beforehand. They didn't. Weeks after the new iOS was out, the MiND website was updated to include a warning not to upgrade your iOS. Of course it was too late for me and I assume people do not visit websites for all app makers to check the compatibility anyways. It took ages for them to get a version of the software that would run on the new iOS version. Not a sign of active and dedicated development team either.

It's a real shame that good hardware is being let down by crappy software.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moon Mind 180 - Questions about control points/server software - by jjo - 21-Mar-2015, 16:15