Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moon Mind 180 - Questions about control points/server software
Oh another issue I had was that the HD app was particularly prone to getting killed by the iOS process reaper. When it deems memory needs freeing it looks for background processes to kill. There's methods of prioritising that and the HD app just got killed all the time. I tend to listen to music and then use Safari to browse the web while I'm listening. Safari tabs, like all browser tabs use quite a lot of memory - several hundred megabytes or more, hence why the reaper was particularly active doing its stuff I guess.
The upshot is the MiND HD app seemed poor at recovery from being killed and the whole MiND detection process plus trying to load up the playlist and library stuff took ages each time. It drove me nuts!
Other control points are prone to this too (Mpad which I'm using now for instance, and Kinsky) but recovery time seems a lot faster and reliable with them when you foreground the app (which is actually restarting the app if it's been reaped) again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moon Mind 180 - Questions about control points/server software - by Rufus McDufus - 21-Mar-2015, 21:18