Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet or wifi streaming and white noise on Mac
(01-May-2015, 10:15)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(30-Apr-2015, 22:04)Confused Wrote: White noise for me (over in Windows land), is indeed loud as Alex states, loud relative to the volume of the preceding music without a doubt.  What does it sound like?  More or less like an FM radio between channels or an analogue TV without an aerial and the volume cranked up.

OK, well, I've definitely not experienced that - just a throbbing/thwapping distorted sound.

So, am I right in thinking that with Air, people are experiencing popping and crackling (like me), a loud untuned FM radio style white noise, and other things like my strobing/throbbing noise?

I can only assume Devialet are aware of all these? Or is it best to let them know about it each time?  I dont want them to think it isn't happening, but I know that bombarding support with known issues can also use up their resources...

Regarding this particular kind of noise, yes, I would describe this as precisely as you can to Devilaet Support, as they may not be aware of this variation.
Regarding Ian's description of the white noise he's getting, it may well sound somewhat differently between MAC and PC. That's why it's probably a good idea to have two separate threads active - one for PC, the other one for MAC.
JRiver MC20 --> Devialet 250 Expert Pro --> KEF Blades II

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet or wifi streaming and white noise on Mac - by AlexS - 01-May-2015, 16:44