Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edge of the Art - Whats Best: CDP, Server or Streaming
(03-Jun-2015, 17:20)Bob Ryan Wrote: Do you think in your experience, that the new Melco N1Z holds the crown as the best source you have heard?

For many N1Z is cost prohibitive besides no matter how optimised, N1Z storage space is just too small considering music file library sizes these days. I think Melco N1A with dual SMP supplies would be grand, but such a unit could take sales away from the N1Z? Talking to friend in UK, several of his Melco using pals are using there Melco's with just router and integrated for simplicities sake. Makes me feel I'm in good company for I'm doing same.

Could I ask a couple of questions about how you use your Melco: how do you connect it to your Devialet - direct USB?; which control app do you use?; and you ever tried streaming a lossless online music service like TIDAL or Qobuz through it? Thanks.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Edge of the Art - Whats Best: CDP, Server or Streaming - by PhilP - 03-Jun-2015, 20:14