Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What were your previous systems (prior to the Phantoms)?
(20-Jul-2015, 17:26)Dvlt PhD Wrote:
(20-Jul-2015, 09:08)Chillin Wrote:
(20-Jul-2015, 01:46)In addition it appears as if there is a slight loudness effect at low levels. Wrote: Thank you.

Can you expand on the bold quote above, please?

My impression is that when working at low levels bass is too big compared to mids and heights.

At what low volumes do you feel this way?
What's the size of the room you experience this?

Thanks.

p.s - Do your silvers get as low volume as you want them to? Meaning that if you go to volume 0, you get zero audio, and if you go to volume 1, you get barely any audio?... and volume 2, and 3 respectively...

They are muted at 0. I don't know when they are starting to emit noise. I do not buy speaker of that quality to listen to the lowest possible volumes :-) In these cases a good headphone might be the better choice.

Some people here are experiencing that Phantoms are loud at setting 25/100. In my eyes they are getting loud at 55-60. At 25 they are not loud enough to have a good soundstage and they are lacking the air that in my eyes is necessary to have a good listening experience.

My room is about 40 sqm as already stated in my original post. Old Jazz recordings from Verve definitely will need 60 to open up and give a realistic impression. But hey, of course that's my personal opinion. Other peeps may see it differently. If you prefer to listen to Britney Spears maybe 40 already is loud enough.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What were your previous systems (prior to the Phantoms)? - by Chillin - 21-Jul-2015, 09:29