Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Minutiae...
Thanks for the heads-up but probably 70%+ of my small fasteners came from Fast-Ex. They and AAA Metrics here in Denver are my go-to people for small aluminum/titanium fasteners as I forgot to mention yesterday I'm using Ti fasteners on my belly pan for additional strength. I also got the last 4 screws I was looking for in aluminum yesterday instead of stainless. Just bored out a smaller Dremel collet to 3mm and used it to hold the screw near the bottom of the thread while cutting it from 6mm to the 3mm thread length I needed with a super-thin diamond cut-off blade. Worked perfectly and zero magnetic attraction compared to 'slight' attraction with the stainless. I'm now at original target of 100% non-magnetic fasteners for Devialet reassembly!
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!

Messages In This Thread
The Minutiae... - by Manoet - 15-Aug-2015, 19:59
RE: The Minutiae... - by Music or sound - 16-Aug-2015, 07:06
RE: The Minutiae... - by Manoet - 16-Aug-2015, 13:24
RE: The Minutiae... - by rwjr44 - 16-Aug-2015, 17:12
RE: The Minutiae... - by Manoet - 16-Aug-2015, 18:05