Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broken Optical Input Socket on Dialog
(03-Oct-2015, 20:58)jvi Wrote: the toslink connector on the Dialog is more or less a disaster. The toslink entrance is not in line with the housing (recessed). I have tried 6 different toslink-cables and none of them fitted. The Devialet servicedesk has sent me a link of the cables they used.
Quess what...didn't fit. All cables are badly coupled in the toslink entrance and fall out easily.

I received an Optoma Nuforce BTR-100 bluetooth adapter from Devialet. My Phantoms are the ones without build-in bluetooth. In the package is a bluetooth cable with identification FM65115. This one has rather small plugs and they really clip into the toslink entrance of the Dialog (or Phantom).

This is a link of that cable:

http://nl.farnell.com/cliff-electronic-c...dp/2447915

Besides this cable I use a Audioquest Vodka toslink cable. I have secured it by putting parts of moldable earplug  stuff around the plug. That way it stays in place.

I asked Devialet service desk to report this problem to their design/production department; they promised to do so.

Thanks JVI, I've ordered one of those toslink cables from Farnell.  Luckily the one I have will fit... just... so the Phantom is up and running, but it's a bit too cramped in there for comfort so a smaller cable will give me peace of mind that nothings getting damaged.  Would have been nice if the dealer would have let me know they are fussy with optical cables as I'd have bought one in the shop along with the Phantom.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Broken Optical Input Socket on Dialog - by BowlOfPetunias - 04-Oct-2015, 20:05