Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horizontal testing
I'm less than 10 minutes into round 2 of the horizontal forced cooling temp test and suspect this may provide the coolest temps yet! Reason being, when wall mounted I've never been able to 'feel' warm convection air escaping from the cooling ports in the front of the D200. Nor has it ever made the flame from a candle flicker in any significant way. I noticed immediately in horizontal mode just now with fan on and interface in place I could feel air escaping from the cooling ports immediately... even without intentionally feeling for it. A candle flame placed in front of those bores now flickers vigorously! Not enough to threaten extinguishing the flame but serious flickering! Heheh now I wonder about about that next size up cooling fan!?! Same diameter fan (so interface will work) but TWICE the air CFM! No way I can avoid giving it a whirl (pun intended)!

If this is born out in testing looks like I'm going to have to make a new wall-mount that will accommodate a custom CNC'd housing with a reversible fan that'll blow or suck the icing off a birthday cake from across the room!!

;-)
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!

Messages In This Thread
Horizontal testing - by Manoet - 03-Oct-2015, 00:35
Horizontal testing - by hk6230 - 03-Oct-2015, 03:14
RE: Horizontal testing - by Axel - 03-Oct-2015, 17:58
RE: Horizontal testing - by Manoet - 03-Oct-2015, 19:05
RE: Horizontal testing - by Manoet - 03-Oct-2015, 23:22
RE: Horizontal testing - by Manoet - 05-Oct-2015, 19:28
RE: Horizontal testing - by Manoet - 06-Oct-2015, 01:05
RE: Horizontal testing - by rwjr44 - 06-Oct-2015, 01:52
RE: Horizontal testing - by Manoet - 06-Oct-2015, 02:26
RE: Horizontal testing - by Manoet - 06-Oct-2015, 23:58