Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BEST Lan wired phantom configuration for stereo TV in 1 room and stereo in 2nd room?
NEW THREAD FOR LAN WIRED NETWORKS, not wireless.

I have read its best to go an ethernet wired  network to avoid problems with Phantom.   I am looking to set up a wired configuration for 2 phantoms for TV sound in the den and 2 phantoms for stereo in the front room.   So I need one DIALOG, 4 phantoms and an 8 port switch.   

Some say to put all this on a VIRTUAL PRIVATE NETWORK, using an APPLE AIRPORT EXPRESS operating in "bridge mode" with my main router/modem,  to avoid stability issues and other problems......others say I dont need a VPN.       

The diagram attached shows the VPN approach.   But before going to buy an APPLE AIRPORT EXPRESS, I could try the network first without it, so no VPN, and see what stability issues occur.     But it seems to me each of us is trying to reinvent the wheel.

If you have a great LAN WIRED network for Phantoms that is stable, and avoids glitches, for TV audio in one room, and a second zone for stereo in a second room, could you please post your diagram of it?

Below is my diagram for a wired LAN network.    I have a few other computers that do not need to be on the VPN, those are shown at the top.

The idea of the layout is to have the den computer and SPARK manage playing audio to both zones (frontroom and den), and to control audio in the front room with SPARK on an ipad.   The layout is also to accommodate stereo phantoms for tv audio.   I have heard contol is possible for this as 2 separate zones, I hope so......for example watch apple TV in the den and have separate stereo audio in the frontroom.    Anyone know if this is possible and if so, are there any configuration issues?

Seems to me I can drop the LAN connection to the TV since I will go with Apple TV.   Also the blue ray player does not need a LAN connection.    So taking those out, I have enough ports on the 8 port LAN SWITCH to do all on this diagram and drop the APPLE AIRPORT EXTREME at least for the first try.

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
BEST Lan wired phantom configuration for stereo TV in 1 room and stereo in 2nd room? - by rjalder - 04-Nov-2015, 05:52