Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BEST Lan wired phantom configuration for stereo TV in 1 room and stereo in 2nd room?
NETWORK INSTABILITY DISCUSSION

Network stability is much talked about how to map failure points back to causes?  I am completely new at this technology.   I am wondering if the network and conditions I am setting up as shown here are going to work ok.  

See comments below where I have tried to relate to causes of instability that I read about.  And some questions in the comments.

Clean power/surge protection and NETWORK STABILITY
            - I have set up so no clean power on dialog or phantoms (can cause interference)
            - dialog and phantoms on same electrical branch circuit, only in den.   The frontroom phantom stereo pair is on a different branch circuit, cant help that, will have to see if this is an issue re dialogs automatic and user uncontrollable connectivity priorities, which I understand to be first Ethernet, second wifi, third use of house current.   Since here all phantoms are Ethernet hardwired to dialog, IF that priority is maintained maybe this network scheme will be stable.

iPad control and NETWORK STABILITY
            - I only have a moderate signal strength on the iPAD in the frontroom. cause issues?  Which kind?
            - fix not by going to APPLE AIRPORT EXTREME as shown on P26 of Devialet’s recommended setups paper, but put in a wireless range extender?

8 port switch  UNMANAGED effect on NETWORK STABILITY
            - Devialet recommended setups, P26, shows Airport Extreme in this network positon.
            -  NETWORK INSTABILITY issues might arise from this not being a managed switch?  
            - if managed, which ports should get what priorities?  I read that routers sometimes prioritize for TV to get the internet over other devices, but in this network my TV is not directly Ethernet connected.   Connections are back to blue ray player and apple Tv by HDMI and back to DIALOG via optical. So priority order to what?....like this: dialog, phantoms then the den computer, then the other computers?  I see Karebe just provided some perspective on this, thanks.

No VPN (virtual private network to separate networks) no VLAN (to connect to 2 LAN’s)
            - this is all one network
            - might NETWORK STABILITY issues arise from the coputers use on Ethernet connections 1, 2, 3?  They do not need to be part of the music/tv system, should they come off this one network so I go to 2 networks.   Or as Karebe just said, put in a manged switch?

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
RE: BEST Lan wired phantom configuration for stereo TV in 1 room and stereo in 2nd room? - by rjalder - 06-Nov-2015, 14:44