Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make sure your Airport Express is set to DHCP and NAT
(04-Dec-2015, 05:30)MountainGuy Wrote: Reading the Apple paper, I think they say for one data source, the more wifei units to extend coverage (i.e. Bridge mode), the lower the bandwidth.

In fact this is a bit more complex than that. 

Bridge mode will not lower bandwidth unless you configure all the wifi points on the same channel and that they are close enough to create interferences between each other. However bridge mode will not extend the network magically. You will need to connect the airport back to the router using either Ethernet or PLC. 

There is an other mode: WDS. In that mode the airport acts as a repeater. This is the mode where the bandwidth is basically devided by two because it has to rebroadcast on the same channel every frame it is receiving. 

If you can avoid WDS, I would recommend avoiding it because that's not the best nor the most common use of wifi. 

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France

Messages In This Thread
RE: Make sure your Airport Express is set to DHCP and NAT - by Jean-Marie - 04-Dec-2015, 20:14