Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make sure your Airport Express is set to DHCP and NAT
(03-Dec-2015, 20:31)angenet Wrote: Hi Jamington

I have got a solid network at home made of 3 WIFI access point...(Cisco WAP121-E-K9-G5) But  my fourth phantom located in the bedroom is struggling to sustain a stable connection...

So I'm considering the purchase of an airport express... just a quick question really.. is it worth spending for another network device ?

would that truly make the difference?

Thx in advance

Cheers

Angenet

Hi I couldn't say for your set up with wifi extenders and different rooms in the mix

For me though - mine were cutting out and crashing daily, multiple times 

Now they don't - I had to do one reset because streaming Amazon prime via ipad into optical switch and into dialogue was cutting out.

Other than its been almost perfect

Still wholly unacceptable for £3.5k of speaker to completely crash and burn if the wifi network isnt to its  liking. I could understand interference, intermittent breaks in sound - but I would expect it to pass. For Spark app to freeze and all sources to become I un-useable, and needing to do a 10 minute full reset including main router is crazy. (We are talking 150mbps wifi and top notch router and dialogue all within a few feet of the speakers in the same room) 

But for now it works with the Airport added, and the speakers are incredible so all is forgiven Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Make sure your Airport Express is set to DHCP and NAT - by Jamington2004 - 06-Dec-2015, 16:41