Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet network and firewall
Normally, spark, dialog and phantoms should not loose connection with each other. I was also wondering why it is difficult to connect dialog with phantoms even though they were connected via wired ethernet. You should login to your router and read the firewall logs. Dialog functions as a network router itself and talk to spark and phantoms every few seconds using UDP port 24242. If your home router is blocking this traffic, you should tweak the firewall setting. I know most household routers neither has logging function nor any setting to modify the firewall. If that's the case, you can unplug your internet connection from router and temporarily turn off the firewall. If the phantoms are recognized during the setup immediately and don't get lost by dialog, then you may suspect the firewall. If it is not making any difference, then you can ignore this post. I was not aware of this issue until I installed a "real" firewall like pfSense which logs every action it takes.  Attached image shows settings on my firewall to allow their communication.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Remote >> 2x Silver Phantoms << Eth << Dialog UPNP << JRiver MediaCenter 24 - Ubuntu 18.04 x64 [VMWare] << File server - Windows 10 x64 [Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F, Xeon E3-1425 v5, 46 Tb, 16Gb DDR4 ECC]    * Spark is only used to update firmware *

Messages In This Thread
Ethernet network and firewall - by sekriT - 24-Dec-2015, 20:01
RE: Ethernet network and firewall - by iliapas - 25-Dec-2015, 12:20
RE: Ethernet network and firewall - by angenet - 27-Dec-2015, 14:55
RE: Ethernet network and firewall - by sekriT - 28-Dec-2015, 03:27
RE: Ethernet network and firewall - by iliapas - 28-Dec-2015, 13:23
RE: Ethernet network and firewall - by sekriT - 28-Dec-2015, 13:32
RE: Ethernet network and firewall - by angenet - 28-Dec-2015, 20:46