Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to set up a quality 3.1 home cinema solution?
Strange. I too use optical out of my TV and without ICM it sounds clear as a bell. Even to the point that you're starting to hear the stuff they don't expect you to hear on live TV shows (background studio noise) and I sometimes wonder if I really want that high a resolution for day to day TV watching.
GTX, your ribbon tweeters should be clear as daylight if set up right. Is it really that bad? And if it is, then how does it compare with music / singing?

On a side note. There's a doco on Nina Simone on Netflix that's well worth watching. Somewhere in the first half hour, there's a really low thump that probably wasn't audible to the mastering engineer, otherwise they would have removed it.... I love how SAM made my tiny C1 go so low. Smile
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to set up a quality 3.1 home cinema solution? - by Pim - 26-Jan-2016, 19:48