Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to set up a quality 3.1 home cinema solution?
(28-Jan-2016, 00:55)GTX Wrote: Pim, thanks for sharing your experience. The ribbon tweeters are indeed one of the best features of the double bass and sing beautifully when playing music. In PCM home cinema, the highs are still very good, however I don't get the separation between voice and background noise / music that the best home cinema systems do. Results is good but at times voices are difficult to understand and overall soundstage is subpar.  Suggestions on how to improve are welcome. Which model of optical speaker cable are folks using with good results?

My optical cable is Emotiva; $30.- or whatever delivered all the way from the good old USA. No need to waste more money on an optical cable. How's your speaker set up? I've worked long and hard on my set up and always put the quality of voices on the top of my list. If the voices on music sound natural, then so should your home cinema. 

If you still believe you need to spend lots of money on cables, maybe this will stop you:

http://www.realhd-audio.com/?p=5540

It's Mark Waldrep, proving Audioquest are a bunch of thieves. Read the comment of Marshall Guthrie, third one down. It's an eye opener.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to set up a quality 3.1 home cinema solution? - by Pim - 28-Jan-2016, 11:19