Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet AIR working (mostly) on QNAP virtual server...and a few questions
(31-Jan-2016, 00:43)hk6230 Wrote: El_Duderino, you're most welcomed. The more of us keep trying will enable us to find a more reliable AIR implementation. Yes, it is not perfect but 99.5% of the time, NUC/Win10/AIR/ROON combination is working great.

Just an update for all.  The NUC-Roon-AIR combination seems rock solid in terms of stability.  I've had one instance where playback of a high resolution file stopped in the last two weeks.  Otherwise, it has been faultless streaming of redbook FLAC, high res FLAC, and DSD.  There have never been any white noise episodes using the NUC.  

At this point, I think I can suggest an Intel i5 (or better) NUC running Windows 10 as a potential foundation for a working AIR solution.  Of course, and as always, YMMV as there are other factors including the integrity of your network.  But, overall, I have a feeling this solution could work for many...
QNAP TS-453 > ROON on Intel NUC 5i5RYK running Win10 > AIR ethernet to D200 via router > Focal Sopra No 2

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet AIR working (mostly) on QNAP virtual server...and a few questions - by El_Duderino - 14-Feb-2016, 02:21