Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Melco N1Z vs Aurender N10 vs CAD CAT
Yes, I think home demos are pretty much essential at this level, as an example, I think OAC's recent sofa movement has been a negative for the Blades performance there. As it happens, I have just been listening to my playlist again at home. This time with Roon and AIR. Funnily enough AIR is behaving it self today, and you know what, I wasn't sat there thinking about the massive deficit to yesterdays super streamer demo, quite the opposite. OK, there are one or two little areas where I can see something has gone, but overall very good indeed! So yes, you can get some good ideas at the dealers, you can certainly narrow down options, but a home demo is ultimately a must I think. Also, I have heard the Sasha's a couple of times, including at OAC, and they do have a slightly different character to the bass vs the Blades. So when I am referring to the Aurender sounding more realistic with kick drums etc, maybe this simply isn't the case with the Sasha's, maybe the slight differences here favour the N1Z + Sasha combination over Aurender + Sasha, whereas the Aurender just happens to more of a match with the Blades. (Maybe I'm thinking too much! I'll stop typing now....)
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Melco N1Z vs Aurender N10 vs CAD CAT - by Confused - 24-Apr-2016, 12:44