Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Melco N1Z vs Aurender N10 vs CAD CAT
(07-May-2016, 03:00)tategoi Wrote: I'm not sure if N10 and W20 sounds the same. They are built differently, first most is the power supply.

To be honest I'm very disappointed, if the Melco had sounded better I'd have gone to buy myself an N1ZH ?

In my mind the only way to be certain is to take all three or four units home. Everything is so subjective and system dependent.

I have never tested the Aurender and Melcos back to back here, but I have compared both the N1A and N1Z to my reference, the d1 server from totaldac.

The N1Z was spectacular in every way. In fact I've almost bought one on several occasions. 

But in terms of ownership propositions look no further than the totaldac: first to become RoonReady, free hardware upgrades (I only paid for shipping one way!) and fantastic service generally whereby Vincent answers my questions usually within the hour at any time of day or week. And it sounds seriously good.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Melco N1Z vs Aurender N10 vs CAD CAT - by GuillaumeB - 12-May-2016, 10:13