Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet white noise/static with Mac mini
(21-Oct-2014, 04:57)Antoine Wrote: The Stello U3 is merely a USB-SPDIF converter for DAC's that don't have a USB input. I have no experience with this device but I think the Devialet provides a much higher quality USB solution.

I used a Stello U3 with my D-Premier before upgrading to 250. The U3 sounds very nice indeed. It uses an XMOS device so it is similar to the USB input of the Devialet amps. The main difference is of course that Devialet's USB input has the XMOS chip within the amp instead of being connected via cable to AES/EBU.

(21-Oct-2014, 11:24)drdkey Wrote: I actually was looking at it from the perspective of having the AES/XLR connection due to the distance of my server to Devialet being about 25 ft apart on 2 separate floors

Even if the XLR connection is balanced and *should* handle long runs I think Antoines suggestion with fiber optic and USB extender is the preferred way to solve this. I am a little uncertain about the USB3 port requirement on the host though. Maybe it will not work properly if you only have USB2 ports on the Mini. I'd double check this with Adnaco.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet white noise/static with Mac mini - by ogs - 21-Oct-2014, 12:23