Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Devialet le200 owner (problem.?)
Hmmm, this does sound strange. I think of myself as 'treble-sensitive' (bass player, after all) and I don't think there is any sharpness to the D200, or the Devialet line in general. Even the Pro series, which is much more.... articulate, in the treble is not sharp. That said, I'm stumped as to what could be causing this particular sound. Could you take it back to the dealer and do a listen there? At least then you could compare the 250 and the 200. I've never heard of your previous equipment; I just came from boring old Naim stuff.

But given that it is midnight where you are, perhaps you're listening to Metallica when you should be into some downtempo lounge-chill.... just thinking outside the (chrome) box.

Seriously, many here prefer firmware 7.1.3 above all others, and they are not shy about saying so. Still, I really think that the the 200 & the 250 should be quite similar in character. The amp must be upta' summit....

Please do let us know what you find out or what you decide to do.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Devialet le200 owner (problem.?) - by Damon - 30-Apr-2017, 23:18