Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please, share your Phantom stereo setup (including source)
(30-Dec-2017, 19:55)ogs Wrote: Very nice signal chain!
The Mutec would probably do an even better job if connected after the DDRC, but then you'd have to change the SMS-200 too as I guess you can not use the USB port on the DDRC as a digital audio input. Optical direct to one of the Phantoms or via Dialog?

Unfortunately not possible. Cause there is no USB-Input on the DDRC. It´s connected to one of the Phanstoms. Dialog has a bug at the moment (Devialet knows) which lets it accept only 96khz. But i´m not sure if i would detect a difference anyway. The chain is night and day compared to Spark only. Even without the DDRC.

I while ago a was unsure if the Phantoms are the way to go. So i´ve listened to much more expensive solutions (new B&W 803 for example). Bass seemed to be a bit more natural (different) But overall i was happy with the Phantoms after some room treatment and better placement of the speakers. In my rooms the Phantoms seem to depend very much on a good position (distance)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Please, share your Phantom stereo setup (including source) - by Benjamin79 - 30-Dec-2017, 21:43