Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Apple acquire Devialet/Phantom?
(10-Feb-2018, 02:01)snbeall Wrote: And my experience is limited solely to 45 days or so with 4 Phantoms (2 Gold and 2 Elevates and a Dialogue) so perhaps I should have narrowed the discussion to that. But my experience was that, for being so damned advanced hardware-wise, they had not managed to better integrate more than what amounted to a single fancy Bluetooth speaker that would get louder and produce more bass than anyone else ‘s HomePod equivalent! It couldn’t even reliably produce stereo for me (network connectivity failures), and trying to do multichannel? Forget it! I did the same thing with two stereo setups in the 70’s. Except for having to get up and fine tune the volume knobs manually - easier to do with youthful knees and vigor - it was no different. Why in the heck have these guys not managed to produce even a rudimentary multichannel Dialogue, let alone a glitch free stereo model?? I doubt it would ever happen, because it would involve bringing Brits and Francs together, but dare I suggest some Meridian licensing or even intellectual personnel poaching? (Again sorta half baked and intended to provoke a response). Naw, they need a fresh young software company. Sonore has been mentioned. Other thoughts?

And why haven’t they introduced a matte black model at the very least? The Black Phantom cinema?

Hey!  The Brittish and the French work just fine together thanks!  We had the odd war in the past perhaps, but we are best of friends now.  Here are a couple of examples of Anglo-French cooperation:
(Plus, we Brits quite like drinking French wine, champagne, as well as eating French cheese, it's all good. Some of us Brits even drive French cars, or listen to French amplifiers, although personally I skip the French car bit)

Joking apart, I wonder if the fact that Devialet is a French-speaking company might hinder their ability to get the right software staff to a degree?  Other posters have suggested using expertise from AV companies and similar, but thinking about it, they don't necessarily need the companies help, they just need to poach some talented staff.  Might the French language be a barrier to this?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should Apple acquire Devialet/Phantom? - by Confused - 10-Feb-2018, 10:43