Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to improve Jitter issue via USB/ETHERNET ?
(01-Apr-2018, 09:03)Confused Wrote: Bits are bits, yes, but bit perfect can sound different.

But was that ever in doubt, really?

I read the complete thread and must admit to being rather underwhelmed at the result.  It seems that the player software is designed to manipulate the low-level timing with which bits are presented to the DAC via S/P-DIF, and this timing was what explicitly changed between the A and B (1 and 2) samples tested.  Given that the DAC has to recover clock from the S/P-DIF signal and is not isolated from the source (as I understood it), it is not altogether surprising that this could result in different analog output by either or both of the mechanisms Jean-Marie pointed out.

In the end, I don't see what this tells us that we didn't already know.  Am I missing something?

ETA: kudos to manisandher and mansr on CA for actually having the guts and determination to do the test - I didn't in any way mean to under-estimate the effort that must have been involved.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet has NO Jitter issue via USB/ETHERNET ? - by thumb5 - 01-Apr-2018, 13:38