Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help - My devialet D-premier sounds crap
(04-Jul-2018, 21:20)newlash09 Wrote: Hi all,

So I bought a pre-loved Devialet D-premier blind without auditioning. And when I play it , it is not sounding upto its lofty reviews. There is some distortion and even my chord 2 qute dac has better clarity than the devialet. One of my friends who also uses a devialet, told me that the devialet is very sensitive to power cords, and also needs an isolation transformer to sound at it's best. Iam really lost now. 

Did I buy a rotten apple, or is it worth throwing more money at isolation transformers and power cables to get it sounding right. Thanks in advance for your time.

What exact problem you have with your Devialet? Like me, my system doesn't sounds good too, but I know it was not Devialet's problem, I have some issue with my room acoustic, and speaker matching issue, as well as source issue.

In anyway the D-Premier should NOT sound distorted, no way! Blame your speaker or something else. It won't be the Devialet if it sounded distorted. If you said it sounds too bright or other issues like harsh, thin, then Devialet might be "Part" of the reason.

So go to your speaker's forum and see if you can find help from there. DEVIALET EXPERT and its PRO range is a extremely accurate amplification system which can sometimes make it sound too bright if the rest of components doesn't match it well.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Please help - My devialet D-premier sounds crap - by PeppaPig - 09-Jul-2018, 00:46