Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D Premier versus 130 Expert Pro - buying NEW in 2018, what would you pick?
Hello and Welcome!

You have an interesting set of options; now that Devialet has been on the market for a few years, there are used, demo, and new in box old stock choices.

I have some familiarity with Totem speakers, and I think the Devialet Totem combination will be very good, so I'd offer that thought as a starter. I have not heard a D Prem, so I can't give any advice about that except that you understand the power it offers as well as the lack of SAM and further software updates.

I had a D120 and I think they are a bargain; if you were staying with the Ensemble or the Hawks, that would be an option though I would still personally recommend the D130 Pro CI.

If, however, you are planning on KEF Blade 2's (which I've never even seen) I think that more power will be part of your future agenda. The 130 can become a D140 with the current firmware update, and then dual mono D210 (or whatever it is) would be an option- you could probably find a used D130/140 in time. Or a separate power amp, as you also suggest.

Anyhow, I can't offer much reliable advice but I wanted to step in to say 'welcome' and to give you a first reply. Others here can give much better advice on the amp choices now and for the blades as well as future options.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: D Premier versus 130 Expert Pro - buying NEW in 2018, what would you pick? - by Damon - 03-Sep-2018, 20:59