Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D Premier versus 130 Expert Pro - buying NEW in 2018, what would you pick?
Thanks for everyone's assistance. I ended up purchasing something not listed above - I bought two D Premier units to run as dual-mono (D500) configuration. My cost for these was $5440 USD including shipping and taxes and I will have to add another $50-300 for either a Schuko to North American power adapter or new power cables.

I think that for the price - $2720 for each D Premier "all in" with a 1 year warranty from the seller - I could not do better. I'm sure that shipping to me will take a few weeks but I am very much looking forward to trying out this new former-top-of-the-line setup!

One additional note worth pointing out is that I contacted Devialet who confirmed that upgrading a D Premier to a D250 Expert Pro CI is still available and that the price of this upgrade is the same as upgrading a D240. Therefore with this setup, I can upgrade to a D1000 for an addition $9,990 - total cost $16,430 - which will come with a full 5 year warranty, and which is a savings of $18,470 plus taxes compared to buying new. I will plan to pursue that upgrade in a couple of years, after Devialet unveils whatever is the "next" upgrade-stage so that I can get the then-current models at a substantial savings.

Messages In This Thread
RE: D Premier versus 130 Expert Pro - buying NEW in 2018, what would you pick? - by Zedeff - 27-Sep-2018, 17:13