Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
(03-Apr-2019, 07:16)Pim Wrote:
(03-Apr-2019, 06:12)petrik Wrote:
(02-Apr-2019, 22:44)mdconnelly Wrote: @ssfas  - thanks for doing this test.  As I posted in the other thread... I haven't a clue at this point.  Perhaps the Innuos OS is doing something different.  Who knows...  At least Roon has acknowledged there is an issue (3 weeks ago).   Devialet has not (based on the ticket I submitted a month ago).

Well, I got a message from Devialet support about a month ago saying basically that they are aware of these issues. Let's see.

I have a very simple gigabit Ethernet network and I'm experiencing these issues all the time with Roon RAAT (audio file loading slowly, small dropouts, etc), so I'm eagerly waiting for a fix. My network is simply just [Roon Nucleus+] <-> [Netgear Orbi router] <-> [Devialet]. All Ethernet cables are basic CAT6 UTP. I have tried adding a Netgear GS108 unmanaged gigabit switch between the Nucleus+ and the Devialet, but that didn't help at all. I have also tried different CAT6 ethernet cables but that didn't help either.

Streaming to other Roon RAAT zones work perfectly fine on this network. Also streaming to the Devialet (using RAAT) works well if the Devialet is connected to the Wifi network. It starts to look like that the problem is somehow related to the gigabit Ethernet network with Devialet.

Am I right in thinking there's no way to set the Nucleus to 100Mb/s?

I haven't tried but maybe it would work if I would buy some old fashioned 10/100 Mb/s switch. The Core Infinity board has a gigabit Ethernet port, so I am expecting it to work perfectly fine in a gigabit network.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by petrik - 03-Apr-2019, 09:33