Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
(07-Apr-2019, 13:09)mdconnelly Wrote: There is no Buffer setting option in Roon's Device Setup for Roon Ready with Devialet Expert Pros   I did try tweaking the Resync delay but it seemed to have no effect.

I unplugged my Devialet to change the mains cable and when switching on I went back to ethernet being a total fail - Air and Roon Ready would not go from orange (inactive) to white (active).

Found a fix by trial and error.

Signal path is modem CAT > Asus router/access point CAT > switch - fibre optic - > converter CAT > Innuos CAT > Devialet 

Devialet config has ethernet and wifi active.

Powered down the Devialet. Innuos Roon server was on. 

REMOVED THE ETHERNET CABLE FROM THE DEVIALET

Powered on the Devialet.

Devialet showed Air and Roon Ready in white (i.e. both active) with the wifi indicator active. 

Selected Roon Ready audio path in Roon and played fine.

PLUGGED IN ETHERNET CABLE WHILE DEVIALET PLAYING

This causes the wifi signal to disappear, but Air and Roon Ready stay white. 

Now playing fine via Roon Ready and ethernet. 

Tried switching to Devialet by usb and back again to Roon Ready, and to a Reactor and back again to Roon Ready. Both worked perfectly.

All done streaming at 24/192 from Qobuz.

p.s. The cable switch was to a Shunyata Delta EF on loan from KJ WestOne. Absolutely stunning clarity and dynamics. See Alan Sircom's review in HiFi+. He's not wrong.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by ssfas - 14-Apr-2019, 00:05