Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
(05-May-2019, 22:40)midi Wrote: I have bought an used Cisco switch only for audio (recommend as perfect for audio) and limited my router lan port at 100 MBit. Today the same slow loading problem occured with 100 MBit.

I have tried to ping all my network devices (over 40). The only device with lost packages was the Devialet Expert...

Which model Cisco switch is it you have?

I had the same slow loading problems with drop outs and tracks re-starting.

I bought a used 8 port Cisco Catalyst 2960 switch and a TPLink MC200CM gigabit média converter.

My incoming Broadband DSL router is connected to the Cisco switch via the TPLink optical connection to the Cisco Gigabit SFP port. My Devialet is connected to one of the 100M bit ports on the Cisco switch.

I have my Roon server connected to one of the gigabit ports on my incoming broadband router so the server is optically isolated from the rest of the Audio network.

My Cisco switch is a managed switch, but it’s been factory reset so is in effect an unmanaged switch. It works perfectly with Roon now.

I can ping the Devialet with no lost packets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus

Messages In This Thread
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by disarmamant - 06-May-2019, 14:20