Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
I haven't received any suggestions about better ways of setting the manual IP addresses in the method I described above but I have done a bit of experimenting on my own. What I have found is that things sound better to my ears and that some things like Roon searching for an artist or album work faster if you set the Gateway and DNS server settings for both the Nucleus/Nucleus+ and for the Devialet to 0.0.0.0 which effectivley means there is no Gateway or DNS server address. If you'e trying my method for a direct manual connection you may wish to change those 2 settings in the ethernet settings in both Roon and your Devialet's network configurations.

I've also started a new thread, https://devialetchat.com/Thread-How-to-m...Expert-Pro, about how to connect a Nucleus and a Devialet using this method with a revised set of instructions for the method.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by David A - 19-May-2019, 11:00