Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
(19-May-2019, 10:16)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote: After reading all very helpful replays to my previous test, I decide to make an additional test: for my dedicated network card for Roon Core - Devialet communication, I forced connection speed to 100/1000 Mbps, and repeat the test for both Roon READY and Roon AIR, using the same track (MQA 192kHz). Result is here attached.

My observations:
  • Roon AIR acting in a very similar way for both 100/1000 Mbps connections (same amount and fluctuations for network traffic).
  • On 100 Mbps connection, both Roon READY and Roon AIR are acting in a very similar way, and both are working fine with no issues at all. Indeed, ROON Ready is generating a very little more network traffic, and it is a little more fluctuating. Since we are speaking about different protocols, I believe that both differences are absolutely normal.
  • On 1000 Mbps connection, Roon REDAY is getting crazy: it is generating a huge amount of additional network traffic, and also very big fluctuations.
As far as I can see, both protocols are fine, but there is a handshake issue between Roon READY and Devialet Expert on 1000 Mbps network.

That's an interesting discovery.  Can you get Wireshark traces for Roon RAAT (Roon Ready) at both 100 Mbps and 1 Gbps for comparison?  If so I'd be happy to take a look and let you know if I can see what's going on.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by thumb5 - 19-May-2019, 11:18