Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
Every time I think about this issue I find myself coming back to 3 questions:

- why do some people have it and some people don't?

- why does it only occur with the ethernet input and not with the wifi input?

- why only for giga bit connections?

Logically there has to be a difference in setups somewhere (network connections, device settings/configurations) if it occurs for some people and not for others. 2 areas where we will find differences are:

1- what inputs we have active in our configuration files for our Devialet's. and

2- what zones we have active in our audio settings in Roon.

So, I don't get the problem, the ethernet input is my only active input, and the Roon Ready zone for my 140 is the only zone I have active in Roon. I'm guessing that at least some of those experiencing the problem have more than one input active in their configuration files. I'm guessing that one of those additional active inputs may be the wifi input.

If both the ethernet and wifi inputs are active and receiving a signal the Devialet defaults to ethernet and ignores wifi. Is it possible that has something to do with the issue because the only time I have experienced the issue is when I was trying something and was using a config file with both wifi and ethernet inputs active rather than my normal config file which only has the ethernet input active.

So, if you're having the problem and if both your ethernet and wifi inputs are active, can you try creating a new config file with only the ethernet input active and see if you still get the problem when using a gigabit speed connection.

It's probably a crazy idea but it would be interesting to hear results if a couple of people can try it.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by David A - 21-May-2019, 12:38