Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
(05-Jun-2019, 07:59)David A Wrote:
(05-Jun-2019, 07:20)K4680 Wrote: Hi, I totally agree with you, it's not Roon nor Devialet !!  It is due to the network environments of the user, how else should it be possible that it runs in many users without problems.  My suggestion to build only a minimal network with Roon and Devialet (without switch, disconnect all other devices from the network), and then test. Rolleyes

I'm running a direct ethernet connection between Roon on a Nucleus+ and my Devialet which totally isolates traffic between Roon and the Devialet from traffic between Roon and the network. You can't run Roon without a network connection. This puts nothing between Roon and the Devialet apart from a single ethernet cable. It's as close to completely isolating the Devialet as I know how to get.

I think the problem is still occurring but infrequently and at a mild level, ie no actual dropouts with silence but occasional (maybe once or twice a day) fraction of a second mild drops in volume.

At a guess I'd say the problem has something to do with buffering and/or error correction of the RAAT stream and that network connections and devices in the path can exacerbate it but I think there is a issue in how the Devialet controls the buffer and streaming process and that it's a software rather than a hardware problem.

That's my take on it.

As far as I know, there is no other way to remove network devices entirely from the signal path between Roon and the Devialet as what I'm doing.

Hi, my consideration was this:
Connect router to internet
LAN socket 1 on the router: Roon Rock Nucleus, etc.
LAN socket 2 on the router: Devialet
Everything else on the router remove.
How is the result?
This is just to narrow down the error !!!
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by K4680 - 05-Jun-2019, 10:57