Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
(05-Jun-2019, 13:24)David A Wrote: I don't think there's any doubt that the problem is related to the last OS/firmware update. That doesn't mean that it isn't related in some way to router choice.

Roon have an item called "Networking Best Practices" on their website ( https://kb.roonlabs.com/Networking_Best_Practices )

Towards the bottom of that page there's a section called "Router Specific Settings" which starts out with the statement "Some routers have setting which can cause interference with Roon's communication to endpoints and Remote devices". It goes on to list settings for 7 different routers and devices that can cause problems. That document lists devices and settings that Roon knows cause problems. There could be more. It was last updated on 30 May this year, 5 days ago. It also mentions other issues related to things like managed switches. ethernet over power, Windows Server 2016, and other networking things that can affect your results with Roon. It could well be that the resolution of this issue, when it eventually comes, will result in the addition of another item to that page.

Not everyone gets the problem. You had problems with a gigabit connection. I've had minimal problems with a gigabit connection unless I use Roon's DSP engine to convert everything to 192/24. Others have different experience to you and to me. Why are there differences. If we're all using Roon and we're all using Devialets, what's the difference? There has to be a difference if we're getting different results and one of the areas where there are differences is in what's between Roon and our Devialets including things like routers and network switches. Other differences could be in Roon settings (things like using the DSP engine in Roon to do things like converting everything to 192/24) or in our Devialet settings (inputs enabled/disabled, SAM, or something else). If there's a problem there has to be a cause for the problem, and if the problem affects some people but not others then there has to be something different in how those people have their systems set up and connected. Router choice may be a factor or it may not but asking about what router you're using is reasonable given the situation.

Hi, that was exactly my intention to analyze errors in the network. Only router, Roon and Devialet and nothing else!
I disconnected my network with two switches, one audio and one office! No problems! I hope it stays that way! Angel

Attached Files
.pptx   Netzwerk-Home.pptx (Size: 46.1 KB / Downloads: 16)
.pdf   Network-Home-2.pdf (Size: 73.81 KB / Downloads: 16)
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by K4680 - 05-Jun-2019, 15:09