Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
(07-Jun-2019, 20:36)David A Wrote: @Manfred

OK, read the thread on the Roon site. YOu've tried a lot of things but I can't see that you ever tried having identical Flow Control and Autonegotiation settings on port 3 (server) as you now have on port 2 (D220). As I said, @K4680 's post suggests that identical settings for both devices is desirable, that different settings on both devices can cause issues, and that having auto negotiation turned off  is desirable. Also Roon themselves recommend having flow control enabled so having it disabled for the server does not appear desirable.

Methodology was:

First I had the managed switch only for the connection to the Devialet (Autonegotiation = disabled, Flow Control enabled). The managed switch was then connected to a unmanged switch  (Autonegotiation = enabled, 1Gb). Eeverything works. Then I moved port by port to the managed switch. Yes I have not testet port 3 with flow control enabled because it worked without it, its auto negotiated.
JRMC/ROON based Media Server - along C.A.P.S V4 Cortes (Win 10 Pro) -> LinkSys 5-Port Unmanaged Switch-> Media Renderer (JRMC; SoTM tx-USBexp, AQ NRG-Y3) ->Transparent AUdio Performance USB-> D220 PRO (AQ Blizzard)-> B&W 804S, Audeze LCD 2 Headphones; Audioquest Niagara 1200+AQ Blizzard; TV ->AQ Carbon Optical->D220 Pro

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by Manfred - 11-Jun-2019, 16:05