Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
The "an audio file is loading slowly" issue is getting some interest in the OAC event thread. This post is in part inspired by @David A 's post there:

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-UK-event...8#pid85588

David's idea seams like a good one to me, although to be frank I cannot see Devialet communicating in the way he suggests, it just isn't going to happen. So in the absence of Devialet suddenly actively communicating with everyone, I think the next best thing would be to see if we can accumulate some useful data here, in terms of which routers / switches work and which do not.

I suspect that we will not get enough data to solve this one, but it is easy enough to do so worth giving a go I think. If we do happen to find some commonality between users either with or without the issue, then this may give some clues as to where the issue is. If we do get some interesting data then I would be happy to email this to Mathieu Pernot.

I have the issue, and in my case I am using the router that is imposed on me by my cable company, Virgin Media. In my case I have a Virgin Media Superhub 2ac, which is (according to the internet) a Netgear CG4000TD (VMDG485) distributed. As for my switch, this would appear to be irrelevant in my case. I get the error message with the switch in place, and exactly the same behaviour if I do not use the switch at all and run ethernet from the router direct to the Devialet. This is running Roon on a Windows 10 PC.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by Confused - 18-Jul-2019, 20:30