Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audiophile grade Router with WiFi
In addition to Confused’s quote; this one is from their product page:

https://uptoneaudio.com/products/etherregen

Quote:There are two types of sound-degrading influences the EtherREGEN is designed to radically decrease: Leakage—both high-impedance and low-impedance—and clock phase-noise. The clock phase-noise travels on the Ethernet signal itself and travels on power and ground planes. [Every edge coming out of any digital device caries the jitter/phase-noise of the clock used to "clock out" that edge; this shows up on the ground-plane and affects the threshold of chips’ clock inputs. This is an oversimplification of a complex subject; we intend to publish a short white paper and measurements to demonstrate this.]

Let’s hope they’ll publish this white paper soon as it should make these discussions easier. Though of course I can imagine that even if they’ll show effects in measurements some people will argue these differences are too small to matter.  Smile

For me the most important thing is the effect I’ll hear when it’s in my system, or not hear.  Wink
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: Audiophile grade Router with WiFi - by Pim - 18-Oct-2019, 00:34
RE: Audiophile grade Router with WiFi - by Antoine - 19-Oct-2019, 13:09