Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPnP & macOS / iOS recommendations?
(30-Oct-2019, 13:23)Snoopy8 Wrote: Just came across Firestream, not sure you have seen this:
https://youtu.be/FPYzlqYE15U

mconnect seems to be the favoured iOS app.  My only issue with Audirvana is that it is a jack of all trades. I tried a number of Windows music players which also had UPnP capability but decided on MinimServer because it was a dedicated UPnP server. Unfortunately, UPnP implementations are a mixed bag and you always need to test combinations to see whether they can work together. 

I see MQA as an attempt to take over the music chain and can easily be turned into a digital rights management tool. We end up paying as consumers. So, not in favour of it.

Good luck with your UPnP testing..

Thank you. Yes I came across this one as well. Did not test it though as I have a UPnP server that seems to work. An interesting alternative to mconnect as control point seems to be "Glider" (paid) and Lumin (free). Glider would not be able to manage Tidal from within the app though.

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 with LPSU -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> 2x Phantom I Gold
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense / Airplay)

Messages In This Thread
UPnP & macOS / iOS recommendations? - by seb - 30-Oct-2019, 01:56
RE: UPnP & macOS / iOS recommendations? - by seb - 30-Oct-2019, 14:38