Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
(08-Dec-2019, 09:00)Nakatomi63 Wrote: Now that the new Roon 1.7 with streaming improvements has been released, does anyone continue with cuts in the playback of 192/24 files or even lower resolutions?

Unfortunately, I still have cuts (about 5 or 6 seconds) although the slow network warning is not shown now.
This occurs using a Synology NAS (D-220 Pro and NAS both connected to the router directly without a switch with CAT 7 cable) and also with an external USB 3.0 HD. This happens with Roon RATT and a new powerful dedicated laptop with Windows 10 without running other programs.

I´m considering buying a NUC and installing ROCK but I am not sure that this will solve the problem  Huh .

Not being a network expert, i would appreciate any help since it seems that neither Devialet nor Roon will do it so after all this time.

Thank you very much.
Recently I changed from on old i5 PC to a much higher spec i9 9900K machine.  I have just tried some 24 bit material using the Devialet's Roon Ready mode via wired Ethernet.  I too get stuttering and the odd drop out for maybe 4 or 5 seconds when playing 24/192, but no audio file loading slowly message.  This is different behaviour to what I have seen in the past, when I did get the file loading slowly message.  So it is interesting that we both no longer get the dreaded file loading message, but I would also say that in my case a change to a much more powerful PC has not helped the issue, so this would cast some doubt over a NUC helping.  Basically I think the issue lurks elsewhere.

Switching back to my sMS-200Ultra Neo, 24/192 material plays perfectly, faultless, zero issues.  So the only variable I have to change to solve the problem is to take Devialet's Roon Ready mode out of the chain.  For the record, I can also run 24/192 with the Roon integrated Devialet AIR mode without any problems.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by Confused - 08-Dec-2019, 10:12