Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantoms and Roon
(28-Jan-2020, 06:35)Nevermindband Wrote:
(28-Dec-2019, 16:50)vaguedetails Wrote: I’m using the same setup as Trashken: hifiberry digi+ raspberry pi is the endpoint. With DOS2 I’ve been able to leverage the toslink input on my Dialog again (it was sporadic on DOS1) which means I can have the endpoint in another room, keeping the set up at the phantom simple (they are just plugged into power: no other cables) Roon core is a NUC running ROCK in another room.

I have the Phantoms set up in Roon both using RAAT with that endpoint, and as an Airplay device for when I want to be able to control the volume directly in the Roon app. In order for the RAAT hifiberry set up to be bit-perfect, you need to set the volume to fixed, and adjust the volume from the Devialet app. The Airplay set up is simpler for the family.
Hi vaguedetails, would you share your setup (RAAT) for reference? I can only connect my Phantom Gold with AirPlay Sad. Thanks 

I’m not sure I can expand more than I have already. I have a Raspberry Pi, with a Hifiberry Digi+ “hat” connected to it. This adds an Optical out to the Pi, which I then have hooked up to one of the phantom in a stereo set up. That Pi is running the Ropieee software https://ropieee.org which allows the Pi to be recognized in Roon as a RAAT endpoint. In Roon, the Pi is enabled as one of my Audio endpoints: the only shortcoming of this is that the volume is set to Fixed, and volume can only be adjusted via the Devialet App or if you have one, the Devialet volume control accessory. 

With this running, I can send hi res to my Phantom in Roon without issue.

Messages In This Thread
Phantoms and Roon - by Nordic - 23-Dec-2019, 18:47
RE: Phantoms and Roon - by struts - 23-Dec-2019, 19:59
Phantoms and Roon - by trashken - 24-Dec-2019, 05:04
RE: Phantoms and Roon - by Taucher669 - 27-Dec-2019, 17:20
RE: Phantoms and Roon - by vaguedetails - 28-Dec-2019, 16:50
RE: Phantoms and Roon - by Nevermindband - 28-Jan-2020, 06:35
RE: Phantoms and Roon - by vaguedetails - 30-Jan-2020, 03:18
RE: Phantoms and Roon - by Mhuusko - 30-Jan-2020, 08:53
RE: Phantoms and Roon - by ragwo - 30-Jan-2020, 09:58
RE: Phantoms and Roon - by streamy - 30-Jan-2020, 14:19
RE: Phantoms and Roon - by vaguedetails - 31-Jan-2020, 03:54