Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade Classic to gold
(31-Jan-2020, 17:31)Nordic Wrote: I have to classic Phantom that is upgraded to 2000 w.
Thinking about upgrade to gold and wonder in is worth it or not.

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

I upgraded from Classics to Golds about 2.5 years ago under the "Gold my Phantom" campaign, where one could essentially trade in Classics for Golds for the difference in list price.  Seemed like a no-brainer at the time and I haven't looked back since.  Apart from giving me AirPlay functionality and being a nice step up in SQ it solved a number of niggling issues I was having with my classics which were of different vintages and one of which was a very old pre-bluetooth version.  Now in retrospect it has become apparent that it also helped me dodge a bullet as that older unit almost certainly wouldn't have been upgradable to DOS 2 (my Golds upgraded to DOS 2 without any problems and I am happy to say have been well behaved ever since).  So although I haven't compared them side-by-side I just wanted to say that if Devialet were to run a similar promotion I would definitely go for it if I were you.

That said I would definitely agree with @massi.rav.  If you're currently only using one channel going from mono to stereo will make for a much bigger improvement than going from mono silver to mono gold.

Messages In This Thread
Upgrade Classic to gold - by Nordic - 31-Jan-2020, 17:31
RE: Upgrade Classic to gold - by massi.rav - 01-Feb-2020, 09:52
RE: Upgrade Classic to gold - by struts - 01-Feb-2020, 16:01
RE: Upgrade Classic to gold - by Johnnydev - 01-Feb-2020, 19:01