Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Complementary Roon subscriptions with purchase of Expert Pros
I wasn't aware of that offer. I do remember when Roon introduced streaming via Devialet AIR that we received notification by email of an offer of a free 3 month trial of Roon rather than Roon's standard 1 month free trial offer and I took that up.

I think that Devialet can claim that the Expert Pros are Roon Ready because they're certified by Roon as such and RAAT works without problems if you use WiFi or a 100T gigabit connection. and some people like me never notice a problem with a gigabit connection provided we don't stream high res files. I really only had the problem when I streamed 192/24 streams, not at 176.4/24 or below. The fact that there is a problem with gigabit ethernet connections which affects users differently doesn't make the amps not Roon Ready when a Roon Ready connection works without problems for many people. I wonder what percentage of users have actually experienced the problem since many are going to be streaming via WiFi rather than ethernet and many of those streaming ethernet aren't going to be streaming high res files. I think that it will be only a minority, i.e. least than 50% of users, who have experienced problems and it may even be a small minority but we've got no way of really knowing. What I do know is that if you count the users here who have posted reporting the gigabit problem and compare it to the total number of forum members, probably only around 10-15% of members have reported the problem but then not all members have Expert Pros so that will translate to a higher proportion of members with Expert Pros.

While I don't have a problem with Devialet saying that the Expert Pros are Roon Ready, I do think they should publicly acknowledge the gigabit ethernet issue and tell people how to work around it until they get around to releasing a firmware fix. They're not doing that and some. possibly many, new purchasers who use gigabit ethernet connections are going to have problems depending on whether or not they're streaming high res files. People should be told the full facts and they aren't being told the full facts by Devialet.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Complementary Roon subscriptions with purchase of Expert Pros - by David A - 19-May-2020, 23:14