Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
(01-Sep-2020, 17:28)mdconnelly Wrote: @audio_engr - I've been toying with the idea of the etherRegen and I suspect that just it's B-side output at 100mbps should have addressed the gigabit ethernet issue.  Can you comment on any changes in SQ with the etherRegen or the new router?

I am in total agreement what @David A has just said. 

Prior to me installing the etherREGEN, I was in complete turmoil with RAAT. 
- Audio file loading slowly 
- Constantly being logged out of both Tidal & Qobuz (I subscribe to both)
- Unable to play a track from Qobuz after having just played a track from Tidal
- Often having to reboot Roon Nucleus+ or reload software
It was a complete mess ... 

etherREGEN completely cured all the above. It also brought forth an 'unique' change to SQ. The noise floor dropped quite a bit, allowing you to hear into the mix much more accurately. It made hearing your same old music totally refreshed .. and so different that for once, you're sitting in your listening seat and unconsciously tapping away with the flow of the music yet absorbing every tiny little nuance thats popping out primarily b'coz its all bound together is the most natural cohesive manner .. just like how it happens in LIVE music. 

Another area for me that I found is that I always loved tube sound but with my speakers they don't work very well and I also loved what solidstate amps did esp. in the area of LF response. Devialet was a great bridge but one could wished more and what I wished for was better midbass-to-mids and mids-to-treble sonics in the most natural way. etherREGEN brought that in for me most surprisingly and I for one couldn't ask for more! Do note that my etherREGEN still runs on its stock PSU & I am yet to get a Linear one for it. 

The router with SFP running from it all the way to the etherREGEN carrying Gigabit internet was another eye-opener .. once again noise floor further dropped and brought forth more ease into the reproduced music. Once again, I am running this router on its stock PSU and have plans to put it on a Linear PSU sometime soon. I am quite confident that it will only get better. 

Summing up, with net effect with etherREGEN + Router with SFP has allowed SQ to develop much more natural, easy on the ears and the mind, very relaxed feel to it, a jump in dynamics OR lets put it in another way which would be that you are able to track each and every nuance better and easier yet all this info doesn't jam your brain and is very easy and super enjoyable to follow. 

Hope my explanation helps ...  Smile
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by audio_engr - 02-Sep-2020, 04:05