Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dynaudio (Evoke) + ExpertPro 220
(30-Nov-2020, 13:10)zoran_pavlovic Wrote: … Though I thought the Roon is just some kind of cosmetical thing, I read that it can improve (don't know how) the way Tidal sounds? 

Roon can do the first unfold for MQA encoded streams soit effectively gives you most of what you can get with MQA. A Tidal 24/48 stream will be unfolded to 24/96 before it is sent to your Devialet. The Devialet has no MQA functionality whatsoever so it is incapable of performing either of the 2 MQA unfold processes.

Roon also has its own DSP processing engine and provides options including parametric EQ for content streamed from Roon and I understand that it's possible to create similar sorts of filters to those for Devialet's Sweet Room and use them in Roon.

If you're using Roon and ir's your only source, then Roon's DSP functions are possibly superior to Sweet Room. Roon let's you apply DSP adjustments without creating filters so you can measure your room and simply apply parametric EQ using Roon's graphic EQ interface and make adjustments on the fly to fine tune the result. That isn't possible with Sweet Room but Sweet Room has the advantage of working with all music sources the Devialet can accept whereas Roon's DSP functionality only works with music you stream from Roon. I haven't tried or heard either of Roon's DSP functionality or Sweet Room in use so I can't comment on the relative effectiveness of either.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dynaudio (Evoke) + ExpertPro 220 - by David A - 30-Nov-2020, 22:58
RE: Dynaudio (Evoke) + ExpertPro 220 - by Axel - 03-Dec-2020, 08:33