Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dirac and room correction software
(27-May-2014, 19:51)thumb5 Wrote: I had a play with the Dirac Suite (using the MiniDSP UMIK-1) a while back, and put some results in the thread on the wam. I can re-post my findings - including graphs, etc. - here, if they would be of interest.

In a nutshell: the software seems easy to use once you get the hang of it, and the way the filters can be dynamically plugged into the playback chain is pretty neat. I found out some interesting things about my room and set-up, and the filters certainly tidied up the bass behaviour, but I didn't have any jaw-dropping experiences. Maybe my room wasn't particularly badly-behaved to start with.

For me, one of the main disadvantages was the fact that I could only use the filters when playing music via my Mac, which isn't my main source. Another was that - at least with the version of software I tried - you couldn't use Dirac to measure the corrected response of the room, i.e. with the filter in place. I ended up getting a trial of FuzzMeasure to do just that, which seemed a bit perverse.

I haven't gone so far as to buy the Dirac Suite, but that partly because there's still some uncertainty about whether or not Devialet will put room correction into the amplifier itself.

Hope that's helpful...

Ian

That's really helpful! Smile

Pls feel free to repost your findings here. I'll do the same once my microphone arrives!

And welcome to Devialet Chat! It's great to have you here.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dirac and room correction software - by GuillaumeB - 27-May-2014, 20:02
Dirac and room correction software - by Krisp - 13-Jan-2016, 18:27