Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dirac and room correction software
(09-Dec-2014, 18:08)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(08-Dec-2014, 17:02)GuillaumeB Wrote: Inspired by the resurrection of this thread I decided to pull my finger out and do some measurements with my UMIK-1 microphone which I bought several months ago (I know!).

Anyway it's a bit rough and ready, I could probably have positioned the microphone a bit better but just wanted to get a quick reading.

Anyway I'm embarrassed to say I haven't really a clue of what I'm supposed to be looking at, well not much anyway... Blush

Here's the chart I ran off on Dirac:

Oh I also created a filter and played some music... toggled between filter on and off a few times. With the filter on it seemed to kill some of the midrange which I wasn't convinced about... still it's very early days so the jury is still out!

Guillaume

Well the net result of this is that I've just ordered some more bass traps from GIK! I think I read somewhere that you can never have too many bass traps in a room...

This time I've gone for their Monster Bass Traps with built-in scatter plates and range limiters as well as custom wood stands so they will be floor standing. Going to position these at the back of the room behind the listening position to start with... lots of experimenting over Xmas! Cool

Guillaume

Is there anyone who actually stocks bass traps and similar in the UK? I can find lots of info and pictures on line, but I would prefer to be able to go and have a look at what's available.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dirac and room correction software - by Confused - 09-Dec-2014, 21:24
Dirac and room correction software - by Krisp - 13-Jan-2016, 18:27