Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
I have a similar issue. I use both iTunes (either direct or with Windows audio session enabled) and Jriver with WASAPI. All via a very new Windows 8 PC, hard wired Ethernet / Devialet AIR. Everthing works fine and sounds excellent. I can run upto 24bit 192khz using Jriver WASAPI, everthing sounds excellent and is 100% stable. However ....... It can run for hours "100% stable" but then just switches to white noise, which can be a bit alarming, especially if the volume is cranked up a bit. If I then disable the AIR app and then immediately re-enable AIR, it will again work fine for ages. Most times, this is a direct switch from lovely high quality sound, then to pure white noise. I have one time only had the case as you describe, in that you get white noise with the music quiet in the background. Next month I am hoping to attend a dealer event, where a designer from Devialet will be visiting to answer any questions (and, I guess to persuade me I really should upgrade to an 800). I'll stick this one on my question list and report back in a couple of weeks.

I think the key point from the above is that I get this issue with both Jriver and iTunes, and with different iTunes settings. So using the power of incredible logic, the issue is not related to the music software. Also, if running the Devialet off a digital radio, CD player / SPDIF etc. this issue never happens, so it is not the Devialet itself. That still leaves Windows itself, the AIR software or maybe something really obscure. An interesting one this, because our issues are similar, but not quire the same.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by Confused - 29-Jun-2014, 13:06
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58