Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheaper with SAM vs. more expensive without?
(27-Nov-2014, 22:50)Jwg1749 Wrote:
(27-Nov-2014, 22:11)ozthepoz Wrote:
(26-Nov-2014, 14:33)amabrok Wrote: So i guess this is in line with many posts we saw here that some like sam on and other like it off. Also other speaker that are not sam ready and dons't look they ever will (e.g. ML Montis) they still sound great with Devialet.

Good point about the ML Montis. I have ML Vantage speakers and would only ever consider going for another pair of MLs - SAM or no SAM.

The speed and imaging properties of electrostatics are more important to me than SAM.

I feel the same. I've heard lots of electrodynamic (cone) speakers with Devialet, some with SAM, others not. I know my Montis will never get SAM, but no way would I go back to cone speakers for the sake of SAM.

Tomorrow I'm getting a 200 "Companion" on home demo plus a Sanders Magtech power amp. Should be an interesting three-way shoot-out: D200 vs D400 vs Magtech.

Matt

What source are you going to use with the Magtech?

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cheaper with SAM vs. more expensive without? - by GuillaumeB - 28-Nov-2014, 11:04