Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet or wifi streaming and white noise on Mac
(29-Apr-2015, 16:28)Womaz Wrote: Great news Ian. The new beta did not work for me either, but when I move my laptop into the same room as my router , well so far I have had no white noise. It has been 2 weeks now with none. As soon as I move the laptop back into my work area, the white noise kicks back in within an hour or so.

Hopefully they now have more to go on and may be able to finally solve this.

Thanks. However, the fix for Windows, as already issued as a beta, will not work for Mac. The Windows fix is a workaround because the fault is one embedded in Windows: it is not an AIR fault per se. The fix involves using the best clocking device accessible on Windows - and it appears to improve things but not fix things entirely.

On Mac, AIR already uses the best clocking device in the Mac OS so they will have to devise another approach to solve the Mac issue.

Edit: Of course, this highlights a point often made by Guillaume. Computer audio might be inherently a botch because it is not dedicated; but more significant in my view is that Devialet will inevitably be subject to possible interferences as Microsoft or Apple make OS modifications with no regard as to whether Devialet are happy with them. So a white noise "fix" this year might need another in 2016 and another in 2017 and ...
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet or wifi streaming and white noise on Mac - by IanG-UK - 29-Apr-2015, 16:54