Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air & Devialet memory (technical)
(04-May-2015, 19:14)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(04-May-2015, 18:08)thumb5 Wrote: The fact that AIR doesn't work well in your system shouldn't be generalised.  AIR does work well enough for a reasonable proportion of users.  

Respectfully, I'm not just generalising from my experience, it's also based on the polls here which - assuming they represent a tiny fraction of Devialet users - contradict that view. Anyway, I don't mean to be antagonistic, it's just I find it hard to see why anyone would defend it. If Air worked, there would be quite a few less posts here!

I'm assuming from your stance that it works flawlessly in your setup?  Do you use Ethernet or wifi?

AIR works perfectly in my set-up both for wifi and wired connections and when streaming 24-bit files. I've had no white noise and no drop-outs....ever. This is probably because I've stayed on OSX 10.6.8 to avoid problems that others have reported particularly with Yosemite.

I know it's not ideal but you could try using USB or optical connections between your Mac Mini and Devialet. You won't have any problems with white noise and then once the problems are fixed you can switch back to AIR...
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)

Messages In This Thread
Air & Devialet memory (technical) - by amabrok - 03-May-2015, 19:02
RE: Air & Devialet memory (technical) - by PhilP - 04-May-2015, 19:34